Home > Communication, Freemasonry, Gay-sons, Grand Lodge, masonry > there is a reaction

there is a reaction

GL-TN-Response

The Grand Lodge of Tennessee, the other major player in the situation currently unfolding in US Freemasonry, issued their response to the suspension of fraternal relations by the Grand Lodges of California, and of Washington DC.

It might be cynical thinking on my part that instead of posting these as they come, I should have a page that has the list and we could keep adding to it.

Advertisements
  1. Laurence
    March 16, 2016 at 10:45 am

Helps if he gets the Lodge right at the end. Suspending the Grand Lodge of California from the Grand Lodge of California is a new one to me.

Liked by 2 people

• March 16, 2016 at 11:30 am

DC had their original notice dated in February, and now this. I suspect that people are so interested in gettign their notices out that nobody is really double-checking them.

2. March 16, 2016 at 12:27 pm

It should be noted that not only has the Grand Lodge of Tennessee suspended recognition of California, but of Grammar as well.

Liked by 1 person

3. March 16, 2016 at 8:03 pm

Doesn’t make any difference Grand Master Hastings got his point across that no other Grand Lodge including California or DC is going to make any Southern Grand Lodges or any others accept a person that openly lives a deviant lifestyle such as homosexuality. These may be qualities that a Grand Lodge in San Francisco may embrace but not those of us that view the Bible as the indisputable word of God and rests on each of our lodge alters along with the common square and compass. These are examples for each of us to use to lead a up right and square life. If we except these then what is next? People that live in plural marriages, pedophiles or those that partake in bestiality? If this is the case it’s not a lodge I wish to attend. Also before anyone goes and starts flinging words around like bigot or racist I’ve known several homosexuals and lesbians in my 50 plus years on this earth and have been friends with most. I have no hate in my heart toward these people and have openly expressed my feelings about the path they have chosen for their lives. God loves the sinner but hates our sins. I am not perfect by any means and I too sin on a daily basis just as we all do in thought, action or spoken word but most people don’t do such things openly for the whole world to see as do people who life this lifestyle. We are all imperfect beings and only through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ do any of us have hope to reach that celestial abode that we so often speak of.

• Chris
      March 17, 2016 at 10:37 am

Charlie, I am not sure about the Ritual in your jurisdiction, but when I joined Freemasonry, I was asked if I believed in a supreme being, In reward for virtue and punishment for vice, If I pay my debts on time, and whether or not I was addicted to anything. Other than that, there was nothing specifically Christian about my entry into the Craft. In fact, I further found out that I would find nothing at odds with my religious obligations(I have never mentioned them). Freemasonry welcomed me openly as a non-Christian. I have explored my spiritual side, while being a Freemason, but I have found very little in the Craft that indicates that it is specific to one religion. There is a further explanation of the universality of our symbols and ritual in the other Rites as well.
      If anything, the Craft leans toward Judaism with its historical narrative. Jesus as the only Savior or God, is definitely not a defining quality of Freemasonry that I have found. Sure there is a Bible on the Altar, but it is representative of our own beliefs, rather than a dogmatic explanations of our origins and purpose. Charlie, you are surrounded by like-mined-men, who reinforce your own perspective. A mason has been charged to explore the hidden mysteries of Nature and Science, as well as being charged to Know Thyself. This means that we test our opinions and ideas against the cold light of reason and logic, as well as experimentation. We can shine light on ignorance, and small mindedness.
      I applaud your obvious faith and conviction, but Freemasonry is not a Christian church. Please avoid convoluting the Craft with your personal faith.

Liked by 1 person

4. March 17, 2016 at 7:39 am

Charlie, the path to the celestial abode is a highly individual journey and every man finds his way to God on his own terms. If his Holiness the Pope Francis has any say, the Kingdom of God is open to all–even atheists. His Holiness has strong scriptural support because Jesus was clear about the beneficiaries of His sacrifice. Setting that aside, I realize we all have biases and they help us function in life. I also know that changing a man’s bias through logic is rarely successful because biases are not formed logically. Biases can only be changed through experiences that layer meaning onto all those initial impressions. I think this is the reason why practically every other Grand Jurisdiction separates religious and political dogma from Craft operations.

Liked by 1 person

5. March 18, 2016 at 1:50 am

Please tell me where the preambles in the 3 degrees come from, explain the “Bible Lecture” in the Entered Apprentice Degree, the very precise description of the columns, (located at whose porch?), how the Fellowcraft password came about, the passage used before a candidate is brought to light, and what were the craftsman working on when they attempted to forcibly gain the word?????? Yep, it ALL comes out of the HOLY BIBLE. That same Bible that millions of masons have taken their obligations on, and which the US Courts use to swear in witnesses. Freemasonry is deeply, firmly, and fastly rooted in the Holy Bible, so much so as to remove every symbolism, lecture, passage, or reference from it, would render Freemasonry unrecognizable! This SAME Bible condemns homosexuality in the Old AND New Testaments and I firmly believe that homosexuality is incompatible with a FRATERNITY as old and noble as Freemasonry. When you start making exceptions there is no way to seal the hole in the dam, women who “feel” like men will be the next at the door. This fraternity has lasted for eons because of it’s resistance to change and unwillingness to bow to the winds of political correctness. I took this from Tim in the other discussion because it hits the nail on the head.
    Man don’t get to make the terms in the path to God and the pope is just another man like you and me so he don’t get a say so about anything except in the running of the Catholic church.

• denclark2016
      March 19, 2016 at 11:55 am

These are excellent reasons to exclude people from your church. These arguments, however, ring hollow for a secular organization that embraces men from all faiths, backgrounds, skin colors, though diversities, and lifestyles.

• March 19, 2016 at 7:44 pm

but you still can’t deny that these are a part of our rituals that go back hundreds of years if you believe these rituals have been unchanged back to that time as we are told. Rituals that have a foundation in the Old Testament weather you like it or not. I admit there are other influences in our illustrious fraternity but there is a healthy dose of the Bible too. If you choose to exclude people that believe,support and attempt to live by one of the symbols on our alter then you need to remove that symbol and remove the wording from the Bible in our 3 degrees obligation…….

6. Phil Pearce
    April 21, 2016 at 11:00 pm

“Rituals that have a foundation in the Old Testament weather [sic] you like it or not.”
    Brother Charles, please read Leviticus Chapter 19.
    Are you familiar with the saying “You can’t have your cake and eat it too”?
    If you choose to base your opinions upon verses lifted from the Bible, you owe it to yourself to include all of the verses.
    As a Southerner, I understand the biases that you have. I too grew up in the South. I hope that you will be able to see, upon reflection, that excluding a man from the Fraternity based solely on his sexual preferences goes against the tenets of Freemasonry. (Apart from that, it also goes against what Jesus Christ taught. He brought a NEW covenant. That is a main current of Christianity. And we are told that he said “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”)
    In other words, those two commandments encapsulate all of the admonitions of the more often quoted “Ten Commandments” of the OLD Testament.
    If a person’s framework of morality rejects association with homosexuals, or Deists, or Presbyterians or Hindus, or red heads or left handers, at all levels, then the concept of Freemasonry is not for him.
    If a man is to be true to himself…IF a man is to be true to himself…and he does not believe in a concept that an organization openly and proudly proclaims as its foundation, he should distance himself from that organization.
    I sincerely wish you good luck on your journey, Brother.

Liked by 1 person